Nottingham Forest’s Taiwo Awoniyi is out for a month due to a groin injury sustained during training.
The injury will see Awoniyi miss Nigeria’s upcoming friendlies against the Greens of Saudi Arabia and Mambas of Mozambique.
The striker has evolved into a key figure since his £17million signing from Union Berlin in June 2022 and scored in all three of Forest’s opening Premier League matches this season.
- New Year Resolution: Take Advantage of Adron Homes ‘Lemon Friday Promo’ Massive Discount
- Ogun Residents Protest Bad Roads
- NTA News Broadcaster, Aisha Bello Passes Away
- EFCC Arraigns Couple Over N410m Fraud In Kano
- Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Re-launches Branch in Garki, Abuja
Awoniyi netted ten goals last season as Forest edged their way to safety in the top flight, following their promotion via the Championship play-offs.
Nigeria have a friendly lined up against Saudi Arabia and Mozambique on October 13 and October 16 respectively.
Lagos Post Online,
Lagos Post is an online publication that seeks to provide fair, unbiased, credible, balanced and useful information about Corporate Organisations, Governments and the General Public by breaking news in Business, Politics, Arts, Entertainment, Culture, and Sports in Nigeria, Africa and the World. As a global news portal, we continually stand for responsible journalism and sound media practice.