Nigerian Afro superstar, Burna Boy has won the BET Awards for Best International Act.
The 2020 BET Awards was held virtually at L.A. Live, Los Angeles, U.S. in the early hours of Monday and was hosted by American comedian, Amanda Seales.
Burna Boy, who was nominated alongside Rema in the same category, beat the likes of Innoss’B (DR Congo), Sho Madjozi (South Africa), Stormzy (United Kingdom), Dave (United Kingdom), Ninho (France) and S.Pri Noir (France) to claim the highly coveted award.
This win is the Port Harcourt-born singer’s
— BET Africa (@BET_Africa) June 29, 2020
Burna Boy won the award second consecutive time as Best International Act.
Beyoncé was also honoured with the Humanitarian Award for her decades-long commitment to philanthropy.
Full list of winners:
– Album of the year: “Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial,” Roddy Ricch
– Video of the year: “Higher,” DJ Khaled featuring Nipsey Hussle and John Legend
– Best female R&B/pop artist: Lizzo
– Best male R&B/pop artist: Chris Brown
– Best female hip-hop artist: Megan Thee Stallion
– Best male hip-hop artist: DaBaby
– Best new artist: Roddy Ricch
– Best group: Migos
– Best collaboration: “No Guidance,” Chris Brown featuring Drake
– Dr. Bobby Jones best gospel/inspirational award: Kirk Franklin, “Just for Me”
– Video director of the year: Teyana Taylor
– Humanitarian award: Beyoncé
– Best actress: Issa Rae
– Best actor: Michael B. Jordan
– Best movie: “Queen & Slim”
– Youngstars award: Marsai Martin
– Sportswoman of the year: Simone Biles
– Sportsman of the year: LeBron James
– BET HER award: Beyoncé featuring Blue Ivy Carter, Wizkid and Saint JHN, “Brown Skin Girl”
– Best international act: Burna Boy
– Viewers’ choice for best new international act: Sha Sha
Lagos Post Online,
Lagos Post is an online publication that seeks to provide fair, unbiased, credible, balanced and useful information about Corporate Organisations, Governments and the General Public by breaking news in Business, Politics, Arts, Entertainment, Culture, and Sports in Nigeria, Africa and the World. As a global news portal, we continually stand for responsible journalism and sound media practice.