President Bola Tinubu has said that the Federal Government will spend N50b each to cultivate 150,000 hectares of rice and maize.
This is part of his nationwide broadcast on Monday.
He also said N50b will be earmarked to cultivate 100,000 hectares of wheat and cassava.
He said, “This expansive agricultural programme will be implemented targeting small-holder farmers and leveraging large-scale private sector players in the agric business with strong performance record.
- Rite Foods Limited Partners with the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry on the Lagos International Trade Fair
- Five Types of People That Will Absolutely Love Africa Magic’s New Indigenous Series – Iwe, Kariya, and Apo
- 5 Fascinating Facts About Emeka Nwafor: The Okamgba Ndigbo 2023 Champion
- House Of Representatives To Resume On Tuesday
- Police Cautions FCT Residents Against Spreading False Information About Missing Manhood
“In this regard, the expertise of Development Finance Institutions, commercial banks and microfinance banks will be tapped into to develop a viable and an appropriate transaction structure for all stakeholders.”
Lagos Post Online,
Lagos Post is an online publication that seeks to provide fair, unbiased, credible, balanced and useful information about Corporate Organisations, Governments and the General Public by breaking news in Business, Politics, Arts, Entertainment, Culture, and Sports in Nigeria, Africa and the World. As a global news portal, we continually stand for responsible journalism and sound media practice.