Late Nigeria singer and rapper, Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, better known as Mohbad, died on Tuesday 12 September 2023, at the age of 27.
It was a black Tuesday for his fans and family as it was so disheartening to see this talented young man go.
Below are 10 things we think you all should know about the late singer.
1. Mohbad was born in Lagos on June 8, 1996.
2. He was a Nigerian rapper, singer, and songwriter from Lagos.
3. He completed his primary and secondary school education in Lagos.
4. He was considered one of the rising stars in the Nigerian music industry, as his fan base continued to grow.
5. He was formerly signed to Naira Marley’s “Marlian Records” but left the label in 2022.
6. He released his debut album, Light EP, in the fourth quarter of 2020 as a follow-up to his viral song “Ponmo,” which featured Naira Marley and Lil Kesh.
7. He was best known for his hit singles Ponmo, Feel Good, and Ko Por Ke with Rexxie which was nominated three times for The Headies Awards 2022.
8. Mohbad had collaborated with several artistes including Davido, Zlatan, Oladips, Small Doctor, Lil Kesh, Bella Shmurda, Lil Frosh amongst others.
9. Mohbad was known for his streetwise and relatable lyrics that often touch on everyday life and experiences.
10. Bella Shmurda once said he was battling mental health.
May his gentle soul rest in peace and may God be with his family during this hard time.