Arts & EntertainmentHeadlines

“Mohbad’s Dad Holding Back His Body For Burial” — Singer’s Mother

Mrs Olumiyi, the mother of the late singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad, has alleged that the father of the deceased is behind the reason he is not buried insisting that the police had released the body but awaiting the family to come take it for burial.

The singer’s mother made this claim in a viral video on Tuesday while seeking support from Nigerians to appeal to the father to collect the remains of the singer from Lagos State Police Command.

According to her, Mohbad’s corpse has been released since the completion of the autopsy by the pathologist assigned by the police.

She said, “Nigerians, I cry to you to help demand the release of my son’s corpse. I pray that you will not witness your children’s death too.

“Mohbad’s corpse has been released since the completion of the autopsy but his father has refused to let his corpse be released for burial despite me begging him repeatedly.

“I went to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police last week, and he told me that Mohbad’s remains had been released before now questioning why we are letting his body waste away and if we are happy that he’s dead,” she added.

Olumiyi further appealed to President Bola Tinubu, youths home and abroad, and friends of the former Marlian Music signee to come to her aid as the matter was becoming unbearable for her.

She added that Mohbad’s body had been wandering around since he had been exhumed and that she had no peace too.

“All of you that have gone to exhume Mohbad’s body should wake up now and insist that he be buried. It is not like I have not been willing to voice out since but I leave everything to God. All the things the father has been saying are also left to God.”

Recall that Joseph Aloba, the father of the late singer has stated that nobody should collect his son’s body for burial without his authorisation.

He made this known in a video shared on TikTok on Sunday.

“When this boy was alive, he was alive. When he go, he still retained my name. Nobody should go there and take his body, please,” he warned.

The singer’s father added, “If they want to do anything there, I’ll be the one to authorise them. Nobody should go and carry MohBad’s body from there.”

Today, Tuesday, 21st of November, 2023, makes it two months since the corpse of the late Mohbad was exhumed and an autopsy commenced to unravel the cause of the death of the singer.

Mohbad passed away on 12th of September, and his death sparked controversies in Nigeria and beyond which prompted the police to set up an investigative team to determine what led to the singer’s demise.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, had tweeted in September that an “autopsy has been concluded” and the police were “awaiting result.”

When asked about the release of Mohbad’s autopsy report, Hundeyin disclosed that the command had yet to get report officially.

Hundeyin said, “The autopsy report has not been given to us. Some people have been carrying rumours that it’s ready. It’s one thing for it to be ready, it’s another thing for it to be given to us officially – that we would receive and sign a copy that we have received it. So, we don’t work with rumours, we work with facts.”

Advertisements

Follow Lagos Post Online Channel on WhatsApp:

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker