President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday sent seven ministerial nominees to the Senate for confirmation.
The confirmation request was contained in a letter addressed to the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, and read on the floor at the start of plenary today.
President Buhari, in the letter, explained that the confirmation request was in accordance with the provisions of Section 147 subsection 2 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.
The nominees for confirmation include:
- Henry Ikechukwu Ikoh – Abia State;
- Umana Okon Umana – Akwa Ibom State;
- Ekumankama Joseph Nkama- Ebonyi State; and
- Goodluck Nana Opiah – Imo State.
- Umar Ibrahim El-Yakub – Kano State;
- Ademola Adewole Adegoroye – Ondo State; and
- Odum Odi – Rivers State.
Lagos Post Online.
Damilare is a disciplined tech enthusiast and media entrepreneur with interest and unparalleled passion for model Web and app design technology. He is a firm believer in the meaningful role research and innovation can play in addressing economic issues across industries and sectors. He’s passionate about online Journalism. Damilare is also a Photographer.