
Good morning, Nigeria! You’re welcome to the Lagos Post Online News Roundup of today’s top newspaper headlines for Tuesday, November 11th, 2025.
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Monday revealed that throughout his time as Nigeria’s Head of State, the late U.S. President Jimmy Carter consistently sought his input before acting in Africa.
President Donald Trump, in a series of posts on 𝕏 between October 31 and November 1, condemned what he described as continued killings in Nigeria and warned that the US military could intervene if the Federal Government failed to halt attacks by jihadist groups.
His comments have triggered mixed reactions from religious bodies, political leaders, and the Federal Government, which has repeatedly insisted that insecurity affects citizens “across all religious groups.”
A former Rivers State governor and a prominent figure in the opposition African Democratic Congress (ADC) coalition, Rotimi Amaechi, has called on Nigerians to register a decisive vote in the 2027 elections to secure the defeat of President Bola Tinubu.
According to Amaechi, who in August declared his interest to contest for President in 2027, the fact that President Tinubu was defeated in Lagos State in 2023 showed that he is not invincible.
Amaechi, alongside a former governor of Bayelsa State, Seriake Dickson, spoke at the fifth anniversary lecture of First Daily newspaper held in Abuja on Monday.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Reduction, Bernard Doro, has pledged the Federal Government’s dedication to the rehabilitation and protection of displaced Nigerians.
Addressing journalists in Jos on Monday, Doro emphasised that his ministry’s vision is to make hope a reality for the poor, displaced, and vulnerable.
‘We will pursue a humanitarian response not as charity, but as a right and a responsibility of government’, Doro said.
The House of Representatives member for Kiru/Bebeji Federal Constituency, Abdulmumin Jibrin, has announced his rejoining of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and his support for President Bola Tinubu’s 2027 re-election campaign.
Jibrin, who had left the APC in May 2022, announced at a political gathering in his hometown, Kofa, Bebeji Local Government Area of Kano State, on Sunday.
Announcing his defection on his Facebook page on Monday, Jibrin said his supporters had unanimously resolved to abandon the NNPP and the Kwankwasiyya Movement to align with the APC.
An Oyo State High Court in Ibadan has again adjourned the hearing of a motion on notice. The case, filed by Folahan Adelabi against the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), its Acting National Chairman, and others, will resume on Wednesday.
It was reported that the presiding judge, Justice Ladiran Akintola, had last week ruled on an ex parte motion ordering the PDP to proceed with its scheduled national convention while adjourning the hearing of the motion on notice till Monday, 10 November 2025.
The claimant/applicant is seeking an order of the court restraining the defendants — Acting National Chairman Umar Damagum; Governor of Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri (for himself and members of the National Convention Organising Committee); and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) — or their agents, from truncating or frustrating the conduct of the party’s scheduled national convention.
The Lagos State Police Commissioner, Olohundare Jimoh, has declared that Omoyele Sowore, a former presidential candidate, is still a wanted individual.
Jimoh made the declaration on Monday during a strategic security meeting at the command headquarters in Ikeja.
The Police Chief reiterated that Sowore is wanted over an alleged intention to incite violent protests in Lagos during a recent protest.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has declared a former Minister of Petroleum Resources and former Governor of Bayelsa State, Timipre Sylva, wanted.
Sylva is wanted in connection with an alleged case of conspiracy and dishonest conversion of $14,859,257( Fourteen Million, Eight Hundred and Fifty Nine Thousand, Two Hundred and Fifty Seven United States Dollars), being part of funds injected by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board( NCDMB) into Atlantic International Refinery and Petrochemical Limited for the construction of a Refinery.
The Commission, on November 6, 2025, secured a warrant for the arrest of the former Minister at a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos. The Order, granted by Justice D.I. Dipeolu, stated that, “an order is made issuing a warrant to the Applicant or any Officer of the Commission, Police or any law enforcement officer for the arrest of the Respondent for the purpose of bringing him before the Commission to answer to the criminal offence he is alleged to have committed.”
A civil society organization, Yiaga Africa, has praised the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for uploading the results of last Saturday’s Anambra State governorship election to its Result Viewing (IReV) portal.
The Executive Director of Yiaga, Samson Itodo, said on Monday’s edition of Channels Television’s The Morning Brief: ‘On result management, the IReV portal performed optimally, and results were uploaded promptly. By 8 p.m. on Saturday, 98% of polling unit results were already uploaded. The collation process was seamless.
‘At Yaga Africa, we deployed observers and used the parallel vote tabulation to verify the results, which fell within our estimates. To that extent, we have confidence in the results declared by INEC.
Over 200 fighters have been killed in recent clashes between rival jihadist factions in the Lake Chad basin, marking one of the deadliest confrontations between Boko Haram and the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) in years.
Intelligence officials, militia leaders, and jihadist sources confirmed the figures to AFP on Monday, describing the fighting as a brutal struggle for territorial dominance along the fringes of Lake Chad.
The deadly confrontation reportedly erupted on Sunday in Dogon Chiku, a strategic settlement on the lake’s shores.
Senator Ned Nwoko, representing the Delta North Senatorial District, claims that a “syndicate of pull-down-Ned” group is capitalizing on the current controversy surrounding his wife, Nollywood actress Regina Daniels, to damage his reputation.
Nwoko made the allegation in a statement released on Monday by his Communication and Technical Action Team in Abuja. He said individuals who had long targeted him were now taking advantage of the situation to portray him negatively before the international community.
He said, “Beyond this, the talk about me grabbing land in my hometown is false and unfortunate. The truth is that I was allocated a piece of land, for which I made a genuine offer of payment, to establish the University of Sports, a project that exists today and serves the community.

Managing Editor,
Lagos Post Online.
Damilare is a disciplined tech enthusiast and media entrepreneur with interest and unparalleled passion for model Web and app design technology. He is a firm believer in the meaningful role research and innovation can play in addressing economic issues across industries and sectors. He’s passionate about online Journalism. Damilare is also a Photographer.
E: lagospostng@gmail.com











