
U.S. President Donald Trump has proposed the possibility of deploying troops or conducting air strikes in Nigeria. His stated aim was to intervene in what he termed “the killing of record numbers of Christians.”
Trump had earlier posted on Truth Social, warning that the United States would come into Nigeria Guns-A-Blazing if it fails to act fast concerning the killing of Christians in the country.
Speaking further on the situation, Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One on Sunday, November 2, that he had instructed the Department of Defense to “prepare for possible action” in Nigeria amid reports of violence against Christians.
“Could be,” Trump said when asked if he envisioned U.S. boots on the ground or an airstrike campaign. “I mean, other things. I envisage a lot of things. They’re killing record numbers of Christians in Nigeria … They’re killing the Christians and killing them in very large numbers. We’re not going to allow that to happen.”
The comments come just a day after Trump posted a statement on his Truth Social platform, warning that Washington could cut all aid to Nigeria and possibly take direct military action.
“If the Nigerian Government continues to allow the killing of Christians, the U.S.A. will immediately stop all aid and assistance to Nigeria, and may very well go into that now disgraced country, ‘guns-a-blazing,’ to completely wipe out the Islamic Terrorists who are committing these horrible atrocities,” Trump wrote.

Publisher,
Lagos Post Online,
Lagos Post is an online publication that seeks to provide fair, unbiased, credible, balanced and useful information about Corporate Organisations, Governments and the General Public by breaking news in Business, Politics, Arts, Entertainment, Culture, and Sports in Nigeria, Africa and the World. As a global news portal, we continually stand for responsible journalism and sound media practice.
Email: lagospostng@gmail.com











