Vice President, Kashim Shettima has appointed the Spokesperson of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) Hakeem Baba-Ahmed as the Special Adviser on Political issues.
Baba-Ahmed is the elder brother of Datti Baba-Ahmed, the running mate to the opposition Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate, Peter Obi in the last general elections.
Baba-Ahmed, revealed his new appointment in a post on his X handle on Monday, saying he is honoured to be given the chance to help contribute to building the country.
He posted: “It is time to make it public that I have accepted the call to serve as Special Adviser (Political) to the VP,” Hakeem said.
- Chicago State University Releases Tinubu’s Academic Records To Atiku
- EFCC Hails Arraignment of Diezani in London Court
- “I am Sorry; I don’t Know What Came over me – Chioma Egodi Jnr Tenders Apology to Erisco Foods Over Misleading Facebook post
- FG, Labour resume talks in Aso Villa
- NAF Destructs Terrorists’ Hideouts In Borno State
“This is not the time for fence-sitting or criticism when you can be useful in turning the country round. I am honoured and humbled. Please pray for me & Nigeria.”
Recall that Baba-Ahmed was a former Chief of Staff to ex-Senate President, Bukola Saraki, from 2017 – 2019.
Lagos Post Online,
Lagos Post is an online publication that seeks to provide fair, unbiased, credible, balanced and useful information about Corporate Organisations, Governments and the General Public by breaking news in Business, Politics, Arts, Entertainment, Culture, and Sports in Nigeria, Africa and the World. As a global news portal, we continually stand for responsible journalism and sound media practice.